Recognised as one of the world’s leading natural resource groups, Kazakhmys is the largest copper producer in Kazakhstan. Kazakhmys operates 16 underground and open pit mines across Kazakhstan.
Kazakhmys needed support to provide a streamlined proposition for their expatriate populations based in Kazakhstan. Their unique profile means that attracting and retaining talent in such a challenging and unique environment remains a top priority for them. It was also imperative that their benefit arrangements reflected the unique needs of their mobile talent pool.
Working in partnership we developed a three stage model to be implemented. This model:
- established clear protocols between the International Private Medical Insurance provider and key assistance partners in Kazakhstan
- reviewed and removed underwriting obstacles to ease access to benefits
- streamlined administration for joiners and leavers working around the unique on and off patterns of work found in the mining community
With access to our global and regional country data, the three stage exercise was implemented and delivered on time presenting Kazakhmys with:
- a focused review of their International Private Medical Insurance benefits structure and access to care, to enhance their core offering and meet the specific needs of their population based in Kazakhstan
- a total saving of 18% of a significant annual premium through price testing and relevant benefit design to optimise provider relationships
- a streamlined administration and implementation of monitored service level agreement, involving engagement between provider and regional offices to manage membership
- advice to navigate through complex regulatory requirements
The needs of our business are complex and dynamic and the time and effort invested by Capita Employee Benefits in understanding how these can be accommodated in their area of specialism proved a winning combination. This allowed us to improve the benefits we offer, reduce the time we take in managing these and get on with the main focus of our business.
Originally published on Capita Employee Solutions' website.