As we evolve from a 'human' to a 'hybrid' workforce, we explore the potential that technology brings to learning and development within the transport sector and how transport organisations can effectively strike the balance between human and digital in developing the skills required for the future of work, and the UK's future transport infrastructure.
Focusing on the role of digital within the journey to a hybrid workforce, Capita People Solutions undertook comprehensive, independent research to understand how transport L&D leaders are already deploying digital within their organisations and the potential of digital to drive optimal employee experience in learning.
We wanted to explore in more detail the current challenges facing L&D leaders within the transport sector, and how digital can be used in a strategic and balanced way to deliver the learning outcomes that are so critical as we move towards a more technology-enabled infrastructure.
We conducted interviews with 350 L&D leaders, 500 business leaders (board directors, senior directors and heads of departments) and 2,031 employees. All respondents worked for UK organisations with more than 100 employees, with 14% of respondents coming from the transport sector)
In this insight report, we share our research findings including:
- How L&D are already leading the charge and using technology to support learning delivery
- The appetite within L&D for emerging technologies
- The biggest challenges currently facing learning teams
- How technology can support in delivering seamless, personalised learning experiences
- The barriers to digital adoption within L&D and the importance of avoiding digital overload